If you’ve been looking around for a suitable temporary building to hire, then there are some points that you might want to consider to ensure that you go about this in a favourable way for your business. Of course, if you still feel unsure about what your requirements are, then just give us a call and we will ensure that you’re heading in the best direction for your budget and space needs.
The most important reason to ensure that you get the right temporary building is that you don’t want there to be any impact on business continuity. The more informed you are, the more unlikely that is to happen.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Building planning As long as your temporary building is not going to be used for more than 28 days, you will not need any planning permission. However, as with any rule, there are some exceptions, so you should seek professional expert advice before committing to your building.
- Should you hire or buy? Although you may currently have just a temporary need for the building, you should really look at the cost of both options. There are several advantages with each, so consider what is commercially viable for your business. If you do decide to purchase your temporary building, then you’ll have it on your books as an asset and could even sell it later on down if your needs change.
- Structural safety It’s important that the temporary building that you opt for complies with British Standards. You want to ensure that it meets with BS6399 so that it’s capable to withstand both wind and snow loadings. Ask your supplier to see the structural calculations pertaining to your building. Anything that doesn’t meet with this could even present you with a potential safety risk and your local council may even request that you remove it.
- Evidence and referrals Although you won’t be looking at the same cost as a permanent building, you’ll still need to make some financial investment. Check testimonials, case studies and ask if you can see photos of temporary buildings before you make your decision.
- Ground conditions Enquire as to whether your ground conditions are suitable for the building in question. Usually our clients will install their buildings onto hard standing.
If you have any other questions about hiring a temporary building, call us today for a no obligation chat.